Unique 18 carat gold ring, processed by lost wax casting.
The size can not be adjusted
The pieces in ‘ennui’ are evocative of their process. In these pieces, methodology, technique and temporality are brought to the forefront, embedded in the aesthetic expression of the work. However, the word ‘ennui’ pertains to the process of making itself. A thin needle and an alcohol burner are the only tools required and the pieces are built up line by line from wax, as through 3D printed but carried out by hand.
Sterling silver becomes discoloured over time and should be polished regularly with a soft, natural cleaning cloth. Do not use silver polish to polish your jewellery, as it can give an instant glossy effect and corrode the surface. This will cause faster discolouration and over time, ruin the jewellery.
Silver jewellery that is used regularly typically needs less care, so we encourage you to use and enjoy your jewellery every day.
Some of our jewellery has a matte surface. With time, the areas where the jewellery interacts with other surfaces become shinier. This gives a delightful contrast, adding extra dimensions to the piece.
We encourage you to wear your jewellery often, as the precious metal will shine and a natural patina will unfold.
Some of our gold jewellery has a matte look. With time, the areas where the jewellery interacts with other surfaces become more shiny. This gives a delightful contrast, adding extra dimensions to the piece.
Diamonds naturally attract grease, oil, and dirt over time. This may make the diamond appear dull and colourless. Diamonds can be cleaned with a soft toothbrush and warm soapy water. Then rinse thoroughly with warm water and finally wipe with a soft cloth.
Gemstones should be cleaned with lukewarm soapy water and brushed gently before wiping with a soft cloth.
If your pearls are visibly stained, you can mix a solution of lukewarm water and mild dish soap. Dip a soft cleaning cloth in it and gently wipe the pearls.
When you purchase a wang & buck product, it is an investment in a piece of craft that will be appreciated for generations. To ensure that your jewellery or object holds well, it is important that they are cared for and gently stored.
- Take your daily activities into consideration when choosing jewellery. Avoid wearing jewellery on the beach, in the swimming pool, or when playing sports to avoid bumps and scratches. You should also avoid using your jewellery when cleaning or gardening.
- Avoid getting the jewellery in contact with cosmetics, hair spray and perfume.
- Always put your jewellery on after applying makeup and hair products.
- Remember to remove your jewellery before going to bed, when showering or washing your hands.
- Protect the jewellery from hard and rough/abrasive surfaces. Even a diamond can have a flap cut off of it, when hit with enough force or at the wrong angle.
- Examine the jewellery for loose frames and joints and before putting them on.
- We recommend that you have a professional jeweller check the diamond frames once a year - especially on rings
- Jewellery can be scratched when they come in contact with each other. We recommend that each piece of jewellery be stored individually in its original box or a quality lined jewellery box or jewellery bag.